[drupal-support] weblink.module + PHP5

William Meertens nuke at meewi.be
Mon Jun 13 10:31:07 UTC 2005

Hi all,

After a bad weekend I had to change hosting. The new one could not stay up for more then one week. The transfer to my backup host went like a charm were it not for the weblink module. That was the only thing that did not worked.

Searching the forums and lists I found this solution :

Within the file includes/menu.inc You find this line :

  if (strlen($arg)) {
    $arguments = array_merge($arguments, explode('/', $arg));
  }

I changed them to these lines :

  if (strlen($arg)) {
    if (is_array($arguments)) {
      $arguments = array_merge($arguments,explore('/',$arg));
    }
  }

As found in the forums. Only things did not get that much better. What happens with the first (original line) is that clicking on a "weblink" you get a 404 page not found, instead of the link itself.

Only with the second solution, nobody can't login, not even the admin.

It could be possible that something got broken during the transfer. But after reading all the posts I did see the second more likely change to be the reason. The previous hosts used PHP4, while the current one is PHP5.

Has anybody a better hack or solution for this problem. Or perhaps a link to the one that I missed. No thanks to the previous hosting company. Or are there better solutions, that I still have to discover ?

I have installed the flexinode module, only I would love the counting of clicks also.

Thanks in advance. I'm slowly getting a grip on Drupal, and it has more hidden powers as one thinks on first sight. Even if I still miss a weblink and download module, and have to fully test a gallery, calendar (event) and the i18n module. I did not regret sticking to Drupal. We are getting there one "druppel" ;-) at a time.

Have fun,
William.

--