[drupal-support] copying vocabularies and their terms

Christopher Taylor christ at bnmc.com
Mon Jun 13 18:16:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

Is there anybody familiar with PHP who can help me with this issue?
I just don't know PHP.  I wanted to copy vocabularies as a non-programmer
way of getting it done.

This gives me an opportunity to let folks know that I am now actively trying
to build a Development Team for this very exciting project.  Anybody who
volunteers in the beginning will be very well rewarded as the project
evolves.

Just to give you a quick intro.
Our Consortium will offer Community, Business, and Real Estate development
services.

The President is Cyrus Banks.
Cyrus and I are both completely blind,.  We have a goal to launch a  local
community publication which is easily duplicated globally.

I took on the challenge of conceptualizing and developing this system.
I have found Drupal a great platform to build from.  It is very accessible
and friendly with my speech system.
The only area I find hard to work with is themes.
and... I just don't know PHP yet.

We want one system to manage content and we want to tie local communities
together by giving them there own local view of one global network.

We also want to establish a networking group for each community which will
meet weekly or monthly and use the system to collaborate.
We have staff ready to recruit and build the appropriate human and business
infrastructures in each community we develop.

We want to deliver are content in several ways.
Step 1: Providing an online local resource.
Step 2: printing a weekly magazine.
Step 3: Delivering content Directly to PDA's and other personal digital
devices.
.Step 4: Launching a broadcast studio online and offering Audio and visual
streaming.

Our eventual goal is to gather news from global citizen reporters and wire
services and deliver in print, audio, visual, and other forms of media using
a centralized Content Management System.
We want to rival CNN, FOX, the Washington Post, and other players for news
and information content.
We believe by utilizing a grass roots approach, we can evolve into an 800
pound gorilla in the media business.
We believe that we can go from being nothing to a key player in the media
industry.
The key factor to our success is if we can recruit talent with our limited
resources.
I believe Drupal has everything we need and it wouldn't take much to get to
step 1 and 2.
We just need to find a couple of people who know PHP.
If you can help us with this dream, all of us will prosper.

Best Regards
Christopher
Email: christ at bnmc.com
Phone: 202-409-9313