[drupal-support] Database load

Tib tib at tigerknight.org
Mon Jun 20 13:38:04 UTC 2005

I'm curious, because I don't know too much about databases. A basic drupal
installation has 55 tablespaces. If you were to just use new prefixes
anytime you configured a new site (and even if you didn't you'd only save
so much room when it comes to number of tablespaces), how many could you
have before it became too much for mysql to deal with?

I know at work the most I've seen is almost 600, but that's on Oracle
databases where a single tablespace can be more than 2Gb and the system
specs it's hosted on are absurd. What about a lowly linux box - pIII 500
with 192mb memory?

<EOL>
Tib