[drupal-support] New sites and db prefixes

Rafael Isturiz linuxuser at cantv.net
Tue Jun 21 15:29:57 UTC 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 4:45 pm, Tib wrote:
> Excellent - this is exactly what I needed to see. I knew it could do it (I
> mean come on - that seemed like the whole point of it actually) but there
> didn't seem to be any method provided with drupal for doing so.

          Other way is with 2 database... In my case i need another drupal
installation with shared users. Drupal actually have a "prefix.sh" script
inside "/drupal/scripts/" folder.

          Usage:
         ./prefix.sh prefix original_db.sql >prefixed_db.sql

          Then with my 2 Drupal ready, only modify "settings.php"

          $db_prefix = array(
              'default'            => 'orig_',
              'profile_fields'   => 'sharedb.',
              'profile_values' => 'sharedb.',
              'users_roles'     => 'sharedb.',
              'users'             => 'sharedb.',
              'sessions'         => 'sharedb.',
              'role'               => 'sharedb.',
              'authmap'        => 'sharedb.',
              'sequences'      => 'sharedb.',
          );

          And now i have 2 Drupal different with only users in common...

P.D. Sorry for my bad english

Cya.