[drupal-support] Possible bug: wrong datatype triggered by content type configuration

Gabriele Caniglia g.caniglia at newcomsrl.it
Wed Jun 22 16:07:44 UTC 2005

Hello list,

nobody replied to my last post:
forum: "warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument..." :-)

I have made a fresh install and started from scratch, verifying that
every single step would not cause any errors.

Finally, I discovered and isolated the issue.

When you configure a content type, for example:

    /admin/node/configure/types/forum

you *must* al least select one checkbox among the default options:

    Published
    In moderation queue
    Promoted to front page
    Sticky at top of lists
    Create new revision

If you leave them all unchecked (that was my case), you get the
following errors when you try to add content of that type:

warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
[path-to-site]/modules/node.module on line 1296.
warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
[path-to-site]/modules/node.module on line 1297.
warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
[path-to-site]/modules/node.module on line 1298.
warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
[path-to-site]/modules/node.module on line 1299.
warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
[path-to-site]/modules/node.module on line 1300.

I think you can easily duplicate the issue…

Is it a bug or something I am missing?

Thank you in advance for your patience! :-)
--
Gabriele Caniglia