[drupal-support] use of db_rewrite_sql to change the "order by"

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Fri Jun 24 16:50:49 UTC 2005

well what we are trying to do is introduce a weighted sort for taxonomy
pages - this is useful for websites with a relatively small number of
nodes where they want an explicitly ordered display.  The weighting part
is easy.  It would be nice to intercept the sql and rewrite it.
Otherwise it seems like the only way to do this is to duplicate the
taxonomy display code yada yada.  Is this a reasonable approach?  Could
db_rewrite_sql be jiggered relatively easily?

Dan