[drupal-support] User Admin and 4.6

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Mon Mar 7 02:28:23 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

Over the past few months I've been using the CS distribution mostly so I
may just be making some silly mistakes/assumptions - but I wanted a
reality check on 4.6.  I'm posting here in support because I assume that
these are not real issues - just user stupidity -

1) I've installed on my local WinXP box
2) When I browse to the site for the first time I am faced with creating
a new user.  The register page is asking for an email and telling me it
will email me the password.  Since sending mail is not really an option
on my WinXP box it seems like this will never work.  I try anyway and
viola - I get the password presented to me in the browser.  I assume
this is because the mail failed etc. etc.  I think quite a few people
will be stopped here - a note to the confused would be an improvement.
3) What happened to the admin/users tabs that let me get to the access
rules?  After much poking around I *stumbled* over them in a link at
admin/modules in the *explanation text* at the top of the page - which
brought me to admin/access/permissions - I couldn't find this in the
menu's anywhere - really confusing.

Dan