[drupal-support] Install of 4.6

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Mar 7 20:05:57 UTC 2005

Ron Mahon wrote:
>  I tried to install 4.6.0 on a test server and I get a strange or new error
> "Unsupported database type"
>
> I first did a upgrade and after getting this message I did a clean install
> and I still getting the same message.
> Any Ideas?
> Regards
> Ron

Sounds like you have a typographical error in your settings.php file, or you
neglected to specify your database in the $db_url line in settings.php.

Note that with 4.6, the site-specific configuration information, like the
database $db_url line, moved from ./includes/conf.php to
./sites/default/settings.php or ./sites/your-site-name/settings.php.

./includes/conf.php is no longer used.  Look at the example settings.php file
in ./sites/default to learn how to create a file specific to your site.

--
Chris Johnson