[drupal-support] Controlling the form theme

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Mar 7 23:35:32 UTC 2005

Dan Robinson wrote:
> I'm creating a form using form_group.  I want the form to look like the
> following -
>
> dropdown1      dropdown2      dropdown3
>
> The default behavior is giving me:
>
> dropdown1
> dropdown2
> dropdown3
>
> This is an XHTMLTemplate (bluemarine).  How do I go about getting what I
> want?  I don't see the code in xtemplate.xtmpl.  I've poked through the
> documentation - it doesn't look like I can do it with theme_x.  Any
> hints - can someone point me to an implementation that deals with this?

You need to tweak the CSS stylesheet(s).  I suggest using a bookmarklet that
will tell you the ancestors of an HTML item to find what you need to change.
It will probably be wrapped in the "form-item" div among other things.  You'll
probably need to use a "display: inline" and maybe some widths and possibly a
"float: left" to get what you want.

--
Chris Johnson