[drupal-support] I'll try anything

stevew at etmeli.us stevew at etmeli.us
Wed Mar 9 03:35:09 UTC 2005

I got Drupal running on my laptop at home and the one I carry for work, so
I know it can be done.  But I'm no genius with Windows.  (I agree that it
is a piece of cake getting it running on Linux.)  All I can think of is
the php.ini has to be in the windows directory, not just in the php
install dir, so you might check that out.

Steve

> Sorry if this is considered off-topic - but I've been trying to get some
> Drupal (4.6) work done and have been beating my head against this all day
> -
>
> I'm having a wierd problem.  I'm setting up my laptop (winxp home) to do
> some dev. work - I have previously installed apache 1.x and PHP 4.3.10.
> I can't get the "memory_limit" ini setting to "take".  It is clearly
> (and I believe correctly) set in my ini file -
>
> memory_limit = 8M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
> (8MB)
>
> Which is the default when you set up PHP.  When I do a phpinfo() it
> simply doesn't report anything - doesn't show up.  Other variables can
> be set in that ini file and they do show up.
>
> I have tried to manually set it but that doesn't work.  I try this:
>
> print "here I am: ".ini_get('memory_limit')."</br>";
> print "here I am: max size: ".ini_get('post_max_size');
>
> and I can see post_max_size but not memory_limit.  I have tried with
> both the cgi and dll flavors of PHP.  I deeply suspect a stupid MS
> trick.  HELP!
>
> Needless to say everything is working fine in linux land - I just got
> done there in 2 minutes what I have spent all day doing so far - but I
> would like to be able to work on my laptop (no jokes about installing
> linux on my laptop please - I've had enough today already).
>
> Thanks in adavance,
>
> Dan

When I could find voice, I shrieked aloud in agony,  "Either this is
madness or it is Hell."  "It is neither," calmly replied the voice of the
Sphere, "it is Knowledge."    _Flatland_, by Edwin A. Abbott