[drupal-support] Expandable menu?

Jim Riggs drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com
Wed Mar 9 14:18:39 UTC 2005

On 9 Mar, 2005, at 6:34, RAG wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, RAG wrote:
>
>> I cannot make expandable navigation menus to work. Depending on the
>> "enabled/disabled" setting, I can either keep them expanded all the
>> time -
>> or closed all the time. Where do I go wrong?
>     ...And the grave silence fell on the thread.
>
>     Therefore, I gather I've asked something so obvious it's not
> even worth to make fun of me. Can please anyone point me to the error
> of
> my ways?

If a menu is marked as expanded, it always appears expanded when
visible.  If it is not marked as always expanded, it is toggled when
the menu's link is clicked.  IIRC, this does not work properly with
menu items that use aliases as their link.  Make sure you use the real
path, not the alias.

If this is not the problem, you will need to provide more information
and/or an example site.

- Jim