[drupal-support] Corrupted Sessions Table

Ken Dow Me at KenDow.Com
Tue Mar 15 14:44:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I had an 4.4.2 site outage this morning with the following error:

Fatal error: Can't open file: 'sessions.MYD'. (errno: 145) query:
SELECT u.*, s.*, r.name AS role FROM users u INNER JOIN sessions s ON
u.uid = s.uid LEFT JOIN role r ON u.rid = r.rid WHERE s.sid =
'e9cc93bab76197fbf51609636250a9f8' AND u.status < 3 LIMIT 0, 1 in
/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.ca/httpdocs/includes/database.mysql.inc on
line 97

The site was moved to a different directory and database location (same
Apache/PHP/MySQL host) last week and was running fine over the weekend.

When I checked with phpMyAdmin, it was unable to open the sessions
table, so I dropped and recreated it and then everything was fine. My
questions:

1) Could moving a Drupal installation, including the database with
sessions table and other data, cause this? Should some data not be
moved - only the table structure?

2) Should I be concerned about other possible errors in the database?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ken

Chase two rabbits, catch none.