[drupal-support] (no subject)

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Fri Mar 18 13:51:21 UTC 2005

> I am totally new to Drupal. I am a developer using java, bea weblogic and
> oracle. I heard that drupal is quick and easy to create some websites. I
> downloaded drupal-4.5.2. Can anybody guide me what need to be done next?
Have a look at the handbook http://drupal.org/handbook
It provides an overview and instructions how to use, install administer
and have fun with drupal

> 3. Will this work with oracle?
Not out of the box. The SQL is ANSI compatiple, but the database schema
definitions need to be updated for oracle, and with luck it will work.
mysql and postgres are supported in core.