[drupal-support] mucking with the book module and flexinode :)

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Tue Mar 22 11:40:19 UTC 2005

So, this goes along with what I was asking about earlier.  I want to
make my site as user friendly as possible because it's contribution
based, and if you aren't friendly to the contributors...!

Totally love the custom menu module in that regard, by the by.

I have one book that uses two flexinode types.

Book > A > Series (flexinode series) > Set (flexinode set-info)

Contributors will be donating set pages.  The most *intuitive* way to do
that, I think, is if they are looking at the Series page and they think,
hey, I want to add set information here!

What I would like to do, that doesn't seem so hard, is the following:
Change the 'add child page' on the bottom of all 'Series' pages in this
book to 'add set information to this series' where it will add a child
page of the flexinode type 'set-info'.

I was thinking perhaps I could muck up the book module a bit and make a
very specific add child function since it's the book module that adds
this, not flexinode.  Sounds possible?  Sounds kinda interesting to me.  ^.^

Anisa.