[drupal-support] $node not always available

Maykel Moya maykel.moya at icc-canada.com
Wed May 4 05:33:38 UTC 2005

I recently asked for a way to know the current viewed node, someone
point me to global $node. The problem is that the variable is randomly
available, sometimes it have the correct content, sometimes is empty.

This is probably a bug of Drupal core. I'm using CVS HEAD.

I'm thinking using global $_menu['local tasks'] and do some tricky
parsing to find out the current viewed node.

My goal is to have selectively content shown in themes based on the
owner of the current viewed node, that's why I inevitably need to know
the current node.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Regards,
maykel