[drupal-support] Help to create a "special" user

Cheryl Chase cheryl at mathiasconsulting.com
Tue May 24 21:06:44 UTC 2005

There's no way to do this without modifying the core code. If you
want to go that route, it's in user.module.

However, you have complete control over the permissions for people
who are not logged in (role "anonymous"). Why not just use that?

Alternatively, you could use .htaccess to deny access to the site to
anyone who doesn't have the username and password that you have
assigned. They won't be able to edit the password, and you won't have
to modify durpal core code. A simple google search ("htaccess
tutorial") produces the following page, which should get you going:

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/htaccess/

Cheryl