[drupal-support] textile 4.6 fails to convert -- to mdash?

Jim Riggs drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com
Thu May 26 01:59:01 UTC 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 20:50, Cheryl Chase wrote:

> It looks to me as if Textile is failing to convert a pair of dashes
> to an mdash entity. This worked for me in the past.
>
> I'm running:
>
> Drupal 4.6.0, 2005-04-15
> // $Id: textile.module,v 1.16 2005/03/21 16:06:59 jhriggs Exp $

This was done in the past by SmartyPants, some code that used to be
included with Textile.  Due to some conflicts with other modules, I
removed the SmartyPants code from the Textile module with the latest
updates.  Simply download, install, and enable the SmartyPants module
for smart quotes and other "pretty" conversions (like em- and en-dash).