[drupal-support] Large taxonomy hangs server?

Álvaro Ortiz alvaro.ortiz at the-cocktail.com
Thu May 26 14:25:39 UTC 2005

> My chrystal ball says that some queries in Drupal 4.6 indeed were less
> than optimal. In particular those for the access controll system. Teh
> chrystal ball recommends to update to Drupal 4.6.

Since you had your chrystall ball I did not have to say... :)

The first slow queries were like:

SELECT DISTINCT(n.nid), n.sticky, n.created FROM node n INNER JOIN
node_access na ON (na.nid = 0 OR na.nid = n.nid) WHERE n.promote = 1 AND
n.status = 1 AND
na.grant_view = 1 AND CONCAT(na.realm, na.gid) IN ('all0') ORDER BY
n.sticky DESC, n.created DESC LIMIT 0, 10;

The upgrade was in my to-do list for some time now, so the time has come.

Thanks,
álvaro
--
http://www.furilo.com