[drupal-support] access control and menus

William Meertens nuke at meewi.be
Sun May 29 09:39:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm a bit troubled with the combination access control and menus.

An example:
I would like to give access control to forums for all visitors.
In return I don't want to see the forum link in the menu if the visitor is not registered.

This can sound strange. You could think whats the point if a visitor can open a forum to read, but in return can't see the link to do it.

The answer is simple. I want a menu as clean and short as possible. Since there will be a block with the latest port, every visitor can click on that block to read it. In return he or she would be ending up in the forum and therefor there would be no need to make a menu item for this action.

Basically it comes to this. Can you change the permissions on menu items individually. When to show up, and when not to show up for certain circumstances.

Thanks in advance.
William.

--