[drupal-support] mass mailer says can't fine php executable even though it's in /usr/bin/

Eric Scouten drupal.org at ericscouten.com
Mon May 30 09:14:36 UTC 2005

Petre Scheie wrote:
> I installed the mass mailer module, and can create messages, but no
> messages are being sent out.

Petre,

I encountered this problem about a month ago. Sadly, I never solved it.

I think you're headed for a lot of pain using PHPlist and the mass
mailer module. IMHO, PHPlist is very poorly documented and fairly buggy.
(I'm clearly not alone in this perception. Google on "phplist" or
"phplist (swear word)" and you'll find a lot of unhappy users.)

The instructions for mass mailer module were not so great either.
Specifically, they didn't make it clear where to install PHPlist so that
the Drupal integration would work properly. I spent a few hours fiddling
with two seemingly likely answers and neither one worked. (See support
request at http://drupal.org/node/21637, filed a month ago, still
unanswered.)

I eventually gave up and installed Mailman (www.list.org) instead.
There's no integration (yet?) with Drupal and it isn't quite what I
wanted (PHPlist's feature set is much closer to what I need), but ...
Mailman is a very mature piece of software and I was able to get it up
and running quickly and easily, despite my complete lack of Python
skills. :-)

-Eric

--
Eric Scouten Photography | www.ericscouten.com (Drupal powered!)
Fine art prints from the world of nature