[drupal-support] mass mailer says can't fine php executable even though it's in /usr/bin/

Petre Scheie petre at scheie.homedns.org
Tue May 31 13:37:09 UTC 2005

I like the idea of integrating Sympa, especially if I can't get the PHPList module
working.  As I mentioned, we're already using Mailman, but that's only useful for email
list management.  We also have a separate list of member info, some with email
addresses, some without, that we want to merge with the mailing list into a single list.
  The idea is that we have one system that handles all member info, allows us to send
email to the email addresses, send snailmail to those without email addresses, manages
the notices we post on the website, and allows the member list to be managed via the
website (including allowing people to manage their own ID/email address), so that we can
delegate some of those tasks to various people.  Drupal with the massmailer, dba, and
events modules seems to fit the bill if I can get it all working.

As for the number of users, the mailing list has about 1300, while the other member db
has about 3000 entries.  There's probably some overlap between them but I have no idea
how much.

I think we could contribute a bit to the bounty funding, too.

Petre