[drupal-support] Deprecated function

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue May 31 13:38:19 UTC 2005

Gerhard,

After sending the mail, I found the solution for that specific error. I cast the second argument into an array, and that one went away, and the next similar error popped up. I fixed that, and the next one popped up, so this is going to be a hectic one to fix manually.

1. I can't upgrade this site to 4.6 as I have customized several modules something fierce, and didn't keep record of all the changes (silly me!)
2. I just switched hosters, can't switch again ;)
3. I asked my host to turn of the E_STRICT switch.

I would rather go for option #3, as it is mostly disrupting the site's layout. I can't see other negative effects of this error. This might be a problem in the future, but then I will bug my hosts again ;)

Sorry for sending this mail to the list so quickly - it was an impulse reaction, as my customer's site is/was looking icky, and I sorta panicked, as it is a pretty high traffic site as far as my customer sites go...

Kobus

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Kobus Myburgh wrote:

> : Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Domains\transvalia.net\wwwroot\modules\system.module on line 282.
>
> warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\Domains\transvalia\wwwroot\includes\module.inc on line 36.

Your new hoster is running PHP 5.

> Do you guys have any suggestions for me, please?

- Upgrade to Drupal 4.6. It is the first Drupal version to support PHP 5
- Change hosters or get them to run PHP 4.3.
- Set Error Reporting such that those warnings aren't reported anymore.
  Read the PHP manual for this.

Cheers,
	Gerhard