[support] Re: [drupal-support] modules admin page not loading

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Nov 2 06:09:28 UTC 2005

I had a similar situation once, and that was with the memory limit in PHP. See if it solves the problem if you increase the memory limit in php.ini.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> redjar at redjar.org 11/2/2005 6:27 AM >>>
I've run into an odd problem that I was unable to find an answer
for.  Today I did a clean Drupal 4.6.3 install.

The server:
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
Apache 2.0.54
PHP 4.4.0

The Drupal install seems to be working, I can access every admin
page, but when I click on the, "Modules" admin page (http://
server.com/?q=admin/modules), it doesn't load.

Nothing shows up in the Apache logs, not even a GET request.  Nothing
shows up in the Drupal logs either.

Under Firefox, there is no error message.  Nothing happens, you just
remain on the current page.

Under Safari, I get the following error:
Safari can't open the page.
Safari can't open the page "http://server.com/?q=admin/modules". The
error was: "lost network connection" (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please
choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error
number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Under IE 6 on a XP machine, I get a page not found error, I think
down below it said something about DNS. (I'm no longer near a Windows
machine)

I'm not having any problems with any other network connectivity (I've
also tried from work and from home with the same result)

I tried a clean install and had the same result.

I then tried installing it on an old Ubuntu Warty machine running
Apache 2.0.50 and PHP 4.3.8 and the Modules item worked fine.

I must be missing something obvious.  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
-jared