[support] Re: [drupal-support] Four base questions

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu Nov 3 10:04:54 UTC 2005

Hi, Tamir,

1. You don't have to write a module as it already exists. Doing it without a module would require some coding. Why do you want to do that if the module already exists? 'members' is what you're looking for.
2. There is a way, but I can't seem to find it right now. This is actually easy, so I am sure someone else can answer this for you.
3. I am not sure that it can be done, but if it is, it would be nice to know.
4. Not sure about this one. Let's see if someone else can help.

HTH,

Kobus

>>> tamirk at gmail.com 11/3/2005 11:59 AM >>>
Actually I have four base questions, I was unable to find answers to
at drupal.org. I'm rather sure that there is a way to do it without
additional module deleveopment. Maybe only small changes in current
modules.
Following:
1) How can I display list of users with certain role, e.g.
http://mydrupal/roles/Whatever to show all users assigned to Whatever
role, without writing additional module for this propose
2) How to display a couple of blogs together (as like as taxonomy
/term1+term2+term3)
3) How to change comment display direction based on content type. e.g.
I want in blog comments to be shown "From newest to oldest", but in
forum module "From oldest to newest". I do not want to give users
ability to change comment appearance with comment toolbar. This should
be possible via PHPTemplate engine
4) How to use Search module from external module (e.g. I want to give
ability to create and sign RSS feed of certain search results)

Thank you
--
Tamir