[support] PayPal Pro module dudes

Jeremy Andrews lists at kerneltrap.org
Mon Nov 28 16:00:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:41:59 +0100
Joan Martínez Serres <joan at linuxbcn.com> wrote:

> Hi all. I'm new in this list
>
> I just try the module PayPalPro for offer the payPal and
> Credit Card payment in a Drupal Website. All function fine
> but this option "PayPal Digital Certificate" is a mistery
> for me.

I'll reply here in addition to the issue you opened, in case
someone locates this thread trying to answer the same
question.

The paypalpro module requires that you have a PayPal Business
Account with Website Payments Pro enabled, as described here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside

In your PayPal Business Account go to "My Account >> Profile
>> API Access" and request an API certificate.  After it is
created, you will be able to download the certificate which
you then need to upload to your web server.

If you need additional clarification, do not reply to this
email, instead post your followup questions to the issue you
opened:
  http://drupal.org/node/39149

Cheers,
 -Jeremy

BTW:  If you're trying to use PayPal with a standard free
PayPal account, use the standard paypal module that comes
with the ecommerce module.  It won't allow you to accept
credit cards, but it will allow you to accept payments
through paypal.