[drupal-support] Remembering page location when hitting back button

Steve Dondley sdondley at dondley.com
Sun Oct 2 18:27:03 UTC 2005

If I'm reading a Slashdot article and click a link halfway down a very long page
and get taken to another site.   After I'm done reading the current
page, I hit the back button.  The last page loads, momentarily shows
the top of the page, and then magically repositions the page to the
location where I clicked the link.

How is this done?  I think the browser does this for you.  But then
why doesn't it happen with Drupal?  Maybe the clean urls are
preventing this from happening?  Has anyone explored ways to get this
behavior to work with Drupal?

I know I can shift click to avoid the problem of losing my place but I
don't always remember to do that.  It's frustrating to have to scroll
down and find my place again, especially in a long thread.

Thanks.

--
Dondley Communications
http://www.dondleycommunications.com

Communicate or Die: American Labor Unions and the Internet
http://www.communicateordie.com