[drupal-support] Multiple HTTP Servers, one database?

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:10:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

sorry, if this may be a FAQ, but at least a search for "load
balancing" or "cluster" on this list did not produce meaningful hits.

We have a system, which is currently running on a single Apache server
with a database. For reasons of load balancing and high availability,
we would like to have multiple httpd's on different machines.

Is this possible with Drupal? Is it supported somehow? What is the
recommended setup? (Which Apache module, if any, login dispatcher,
whatever) Does the application need to support the setup?

Regards,

Jochen

--
Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the
boat. (Mark Twain)