[drupal-support] aggregater tagclouds

Jad Madi jadmadi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:36:55 UTC 2005

# Grab newsfeeds that you define. We use caching to make sure that
they are not fetched too frequently.
# Stuff them into a MySQL database. We have to be a little tricky here
so we are not storing duplicate articles, even if the same article
appears in several feeds. MySQL came to the rescue here.
# Next, we call on the Content Analysis web service from Yahoo! to
extract the keywords from the article titles and descriptions. The
keywords that we get back are inserted into the database and
associated with the appropriate articles.
# Everything else is gravy. We pull out the popular keyword tags and
use a silly scaling function to assign css according to how often the
tag shows up.
# Clicking a tag's link will display all the article abstracts for
that particular tag as well as display the other tags associated with
each article.

NOTE: forget about yahoo developer keyword analysis, as we can do it
without them.

On 18/10/05, Alex Polite <m4 at polite.se> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:22:42PM +0200, Jad Madi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > any idea how to create tag clouds for aggregated feeds?
>
> What's a tag cloud?
>

> --
> Alex Polite
> http://flosspick.org