[drupal-support] Re: changing Drupal .htaccess files directive

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Thu Sep 1 12:44:02 UTC 2005

Gunther wrote,

"Yes, it's definitely the rewrite directives. I
also certainly don't want to disable the rewrite,
as I've grown really fond of having slashes (/)
instead of query strings that the search engines
don't want to follow."

Thanks for the instructions, Gunther. I ended up changing the
phpSurveyor installation over to a subdomain to avoid the issue. This
isn't the best solution since I have fantastico with that hosting
account, and want to be able to try out some of the additional software
available through it without having to create subdomains and then
modifying the fantastico installed software to recognize the new location.

I'll try your instructions out and see if they work for me, then add it
to the Drupal handbook. This is the kind of thing I know *a lot* of
people need to know how to do :)

Charlie