[drupal-support] story in the index page

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Sep 5 00:28:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 15:07 -0700, Earl Miles wrote:
> Gordon Heydon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 22:42 +0200, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> >
> >>"Promote to front" off course only works if youleave the front page /node.
> >

> > I maybe wrong as I haven't checked, if you go to the /node these should
> > still show. I am 99% sure that the promote to front is not dependant
> > on /node being the front page.
>
> You are wrong. In order for the promote to front page stuff to work, your front
> page must be /node.

Actually I am pretty sure I am not. I have checked the code and no
matter what the front page setting is set to if you go to /node you will
get all the items that have been flagged to be promoted to the front
page.

I haven't tested it but I have checked the code and there is no check
for the front page setting in node_page_default().

If you really I will test it tonight.

Gordon.