[drupal-support] story in the index page

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Sep 5 12:39:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

Well that is where the problem is. The "Promote to Front Page" doesn't
put it onto the front page if the front page is not /node.

what you are talking about doing is really just the /node as the front
page and the node with the "sticky at top of lists" flagged.

Or the other option is to add the following to the front page of the
theme.

<?php echo node_page_default(); ?>

Really the "Promote to Front Page" should really be renamed as it is not
always promoting nodes to the front page.

Gordon.