[drupal-support] Updating from 4.6.0 to 4.6.3

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkeydata.com
Tue Sep 6 13:09:42 UTC 2005

Hello, all,

I've been wondering about this as well.  Obviously, the change from
4.5.5 to 4.6.0 involves changes to the db structure.

However, do any of the changes involved in the 4.6.x upgrades involve
changes in the db structure, or are all the changes in the code of the
core drupal files?

Because, if the db remains unchanged, and it is only the core files (ie,
code) that has been changed, wouldn't it be possible to backup the
settings.php file, unzip a fresh 4.6.3 release over the 4.6.0 release,
restore the settings.php file, and be done with it?

So, I guess what I'm asking is: are there any db changes in the single
upgrades from 4.6.0 to 4.6.1 to 4.6.2to 4.6.3?

Thanks,

Bill.