[drupal-support] Updating from 4.6.0 to 4.6.3

Bob Doyle editor at cmsreview.com
Tue Sep 6 21:00:38 UTC 2005

Hi Bèr,

We have a very old Drupal (4.3.1) running some really valuable sites for
the content management community (CMS-News.org, CMS-Forum.org) and are
trying to upgrade in the recommended steps 4.3.1 > 4.4.2 > 4.5, etc.

We get a very odd result (a blank page) when we run the update.php script.

We backed everything up, added two new required fields to the database,
then ran the update.php script for one of our sites (CMS-News).

The results of clicking on the cms-news.org/update.php?op=update (just
once) was a blank page.

We also get a blank page when we request the updated site
http://www.cms-news.org.

We then tried the same operations for the CMS Forum site.  Just to check
we were connecting properly, we requested http://cms-forum.org *before*
we added the two new fields to its system table, and it came back
(properly) with an error message saying "throttle" field was missing.

This told us that the new 4.4.2 code was running.

Any advice on how to get past this blank page? If we figure it out, we
will add some notes on how to update to the drupal.org update discussion.

Thanks.

--
Bob Doyle
Editor In Chief, CMS Review - http://www.cmsreview.com