[drupal-support] Can't log out of account!

Martin Feuersaenger m at feuersaenger.de
Tue Sep 20 11:09:03 UTC 2005

Hi List!

I'm a drupal newbie and I basicly have the same problem as described
here
(http://lists.drupal.org/archives/drupal-support/2005-09/msg00091.html),
except that it never worked before. Here is a description, which
hopefully provides enough detail:

I created a first user. I can log in without problems and get access to
the administer menu.

When I log out, the front page is loaded but I still have my user
information displayed, including logout. I can still access all the user
account and administer functions.

However, in the system events I get an entry like this:

09/20/2005 - 12:40  Session closed for adminuser.  adminuser  details

This will be repeated whenever I hit on "log out", but I won't get the
login screen displayed and all the user functions are still available.

Does anybody have any clue what's going on here?

  Martin Feuersänger

ps: I use drupal with postgresql. I followed
http://www.smop.co.uk/node/2 to set it up, did a psql -U -d -ec "alter
table sessions alter uid set default 0;" to prevent an error in the uid
and set up $base_url as proposed in http://drupal.org/node/6554. Drupal
is served by apache2 with a virtual host setup.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.4.24-vs1.26
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)

ii  drupal         4.5.5-1
Versions of packages drupal depends on:
ii  apache                     1.3.33-7      versatile, high-performance
HTTP s
ii  apache2                    2.0.54-5      next generation, scalable,
extenda
ii  apache2-mpm-prefork [apach 2.0.54-5      traditional model for Apache2
ii  debconf                    1.4.58        Debian configuration
management sy
ii  exim4                      4.52-2        metapackage to ease exim
MTA (v4)
ii  exim4-daemon-heavy [mail-t 4.52-2        exim MTA (v4) daemon with
extended
ii  makepasswd                 1.10-3        Generate and encrypt passwords
ii  mysql-client [virtual-mysq 4.0.24-10     mysql database client binaries
ii  php4-cli                   4:4.3.10-15   command-line interpreter
for the p
ii  php4-mysql                 4:4.3.10-15   MySQL module for php4
ii  php4-pgsql                 3:4.3.10-5    PostgreSQL module for php4
ii  postgresql-client          7.4.7-6sarge1 front-end programs for
PostgreSQL
ii  wwwconfig-common           0.0.43        Debian web auto configuration

Versions of packages drupal recommends:
ii  apache                     1.3.33-7      versatile, high-performance
HTTP s
ii  libapache2-mod-php4        4:4.3.10-15   server-side, HTML-embedded
scripti
ii  mysql-server               4.0.24-10     mysql database server binaries
ii  php4                       4:4.3.10-15   server-side, HTML-embedded
scripti
ii  postgresql                 7.4.7-6sarge1 object-relational SQL
database man

-- debconf information:
* drupal/remove_backups: false
  drupal/createuser_failed: