[drupal-support] TinyMCE is corrupting image tags in existing nodes.

Metzler, David MetzlerD at evergreen.edu
Thu Sep 22 16:29:39 UTC 2005

I've recently been evaluating using TincyMCE on my drupal site. I love
the way that it works, but I'm having this problem with the base URL's
for inserted images.

Basically from Firefox, when I go to edit a node with an inserted image
in the body, it changes the root relative link from
files/sitename/images/sample.jpg to
../../../files/netservices/sample.jpg (relative to tinyMCE?). If you
then post the page, the image link is forever broken.

In IE it appears to not modify the image reference, but rather renders a
broken link in TinyMCE(unless the image file link is tinymce relative.

I'm using an adjusted files location "files/sitename" rather than
straight "files". I don't know if this is relavent to the problem.

TinyMCE reference a base url setting that can be passed to init to help
with these kinds of troubles, but I can't find any place in the module
that sets this. Should it?

Any ideas about what needs to be done to resolve this problem?