[drupal-support] Firefox display problem in BlueMarine Theme

Sohodojo Jim salmons at sohodojo.com
Sun Sep 25 14:52:26 UTC 2005

Skip,

    This is almost certainly the Google Ads block at the top of this
page. Comment that out for a test, redisplay the page and it will almost
certainly squish down to the next widest thing on the page.

    One way to spot these trouble spots is to widen the page as much as
possible so the horizontal scroll bar disappears, then grab the right
window edge and drag the window narrower. When the horizontal scroll bar
pops up, look at the page and see what block/link/image has stopped
adjusting itself to the changing window size. Then temporarily comment
out or delete the suspect item and redisplay the page.

    In some cases, there are things you can do to adjust this behavior.
In other cases, such as an image of a certain size, you can't do much
but at least you know who the culprit is.

    In this case, it appears that the Google Ads block of four items is
not coded to allow wrapping. A quick look at your page code shows that
you have:

google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
google_ad_format = "728x90_as";

    So the minimum width for this block is 728 pixels. Experiment with
different values, especially try a percentage width and leave out the
google_ad_format value if it won't take percentage values.

    --Sohodojo Jim--

--

	Jim Salmons and Timlynn Babitsky
	Founders and Research Directors