[support] A shot in the dark - was Drupal themes

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sun Apr 2 18:21:01 UTC 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 10:52 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> I understand CSS and how they cascade.  It helps to know now, that the
> theme stylesheet is imported last, so it will override all that came
> before.
>
>   I was looking at Wireframe and it seems to work without styles, maybe.
> Not that styles are bad.  I can use them and know how to do so.  The
> problem is trying to figure out (1) which style sheet is causing a
> particular color, font, etc. to appear at any one point and (2) how to
> change the display in one area without destroying how things look in a
> different area, like on a different page.  Like, when a black background is
> great against the photographs but when you use the same background on forms
> with a dark text font color then you can't see anything.  So then I'm
> trying to figure out how to change such and such text, specifically that
> text from among the large number of classes and ids. Bruce

Sometimes you need to look in drupal.css or the source of the modules, which
may include their own .css file.  In the .module files, look for <div>
statements that have specific class or id settings.  Usually they are fairly
predefined tags, but the particular theme you are using may not make use of
them.  I did a quick search for them in the gallery module, but didn't see
anything.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/