[support] A shot in the dark - was Drupal themes

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sun Apr 2 18:49:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 11:14 am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Ok, maybe I do need a bit of a brushup or more knowledge on css.

There are several places, but these are good places to start:
http://www.w3.org/
http://www.w3schools.com/

There are a few helpful links here:
http://drupal.org/node/37156

In general, this has lots of relevant information and should at list be
skimmed, if not perused:
http://drupal.org/node/257

> If I
> wanted to have all images not have borders, what setting is that in the
> css?

That depends on what kind of border you want, but the three to look at are
border [0], padding [1] and margin [2].

> I'm seeing now on a page displaying an image the background is black
> around the image except for a white border that would only be visible on
> the right against the black background.

Look for something like 'border-right <some-number-here>' or 'border 0
<some-number-here> 0 0' somewhere in the image classes and/or ids.

>   Also, if I was to change that image's style class, is class = "image
> preview" equal to .image .preview in the css style sheet or is it ->
>   .image preview
>   How does css handle spaces in this case?

According to http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html:
4.1.3 Characters and case
 The following rules always hold:
 In CSS 2.1, identifiers (including element names, classes, and IDs in
selectors) can contain only the characters [A-Za-z0-9] and ISO 10646
characters U+00A1 and higher, plus the hyphen (-) and the underscore (_);
they cannot start with a digit, or a hyphen followed by a digit. Only
properties, values, units, pseudo-classes, pseudo-elements, and at-rules may
start with a hyphen (-); other identifiers (e.g. element names, classes, or
IDs) may not. Identifiers can also contain escaped characters and any ISO
10646 character as a numeric code (see next item). For instance, the
identifier "B&W?" may be written as "B\&W\?" or "B\26 W\3F".
Note that Unicode is code-by-code equivalent to ISO 10646 (see [UNICODE] and
[ISO10646]).

[0] http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp
[1] http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_margin.asp