[support] Installation Failure

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Apr 11 20:39:56 UTC 2006

I realize this is a dumb question after searching the forums and drupal site,
but I get this error message after installing drupal and trying to access it
for the first time:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
in /var/www/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 31

According to what I read on the drupal site, this is caused by a missing myslq
module for php. However, I installed the php5-mysql package (I am running
debian) along with php5.

I am new to php as well, so I am not sure how to debug this problem.

I am trying to run drupal 4.6.6, mysql 4.0.24, and php5 on linux (debian)
kernel 2.24.

I believe I set up the mysql database correctly - at least there are a lot of
tables in my drupal database!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
--
Mark Phillips