[support] Problems with PHPTemplate

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Wed Apr 12 18:27:03 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10:55 am, Mark Phillips wrote:
> Terry,
>
> These are the instructions I followed at http://drupal.org/node/15285
> (Installing PHPTemplate):
>
> 1. Download the latest release of the PHPTemplate Engine
> 2. Upload this folder into the drupal_base/themes/engines directory on your
> site.
>
> These are the files in the PHPTemplate folder I unpacked -
> LICENSE.txt    box.tpl.php      default.tpl.php  phptemplate.engine
> template.php
> block.tpl.php  comment.tpl.php  node.tpl.php     readme.txt
>
> I am supposed to copy all the *.tpl.php files to drupal_base/themes
> directory? What about the template.php file?

No.  Once the engine is in place, Drupal just starts using it w/any themes
that require it.  Any themes that modify the base have their own copies of
those files in their directory.  Did you download and install any PHPTemplate
themes?  Druapl 4.6 only includes XTemplate based themes (which is why you
got the {head} {styles}).

The PHPTemplate version of Bluemarine:
drupal/themes/bluemarine:
block.tpl.php  box.tpl.php  comment.tpl.php  LICENSE.txt  logo.png
node.tpl.php  page.tpl.php  README.txt  screenshot.png  style.css

The XTemplate version of Bluemarine:
drupal/themes/bluemarine:
logo.png  screenshot.png  style.css  xtemplate.xtmpl

The contents of the theme engines directory:
drupal/themes/engines:
phptemplate  xtemplate

--
Jason Flatt