[support] Content Type Descriptions Not Displaying

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Wed Apr 12 18:44:43 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 11:12 am, Lists wrote:
> I can't seem to affect any change on the display of general description
> information for content types for non-logged in users.
>
> Specifically, I've added descriptions using the
>
> Admminister > Content > Configure > Content Types > [individ. config]
>
> Or, by URL, using
>
> ?q=admin/node/configure/types
>

> So, I edit the 'Explanation or submission guidelines:' field for the 'book'
> type, for example, and all is well.
>
> But, when I view as an anonymous user, and click
>
>     Content > Books
>
> All I get is the heading 'Books' and then nothing (there are no books
> presently.)

This method will not get you what you want.

> I would like the description of the Book Content Type to appear, describing
> what 'Books' are (as I've entered the description.)
>

> Where should I be looking for such a setting/switch/code edit?

Try allowing access in administer >> access control.

> (I want to encourage anonymous users to register, but if they explore the
> site trying to get a feel for what they can do, they see blank pages. Not
> good. ;)

The permissions are not that fine-grained.  If you do not allow access to view
the node, then you do not allow access to view the menu.  You would either
have to create custom menus that point to the disabled nodes (which become
enabled when they log in), or modify code to allow different access.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/