[support] func l() or Project Module - Extraneous Data in URL

Gary (Lists) listout at accidentaltechie.org
Mon Apr 17 12:40:58 UTC 2006

With still plenty of errors, and confusion as to why there is no
documentation for the project module, I have gotten the module to a usable
state (so long as I don't make projects public, since I'd have to support
users when I have no support myself).

The one remaining error which I've just discovered is that the Download link
for projects points to:

    /?q=assets/releases/<file_item>

Which is completely broken and should be:

    /assets/releases/<file_item>

But the only thing that I've been able to find in the 'project.inc' file is:

$links[] = l(t('Download latest release (%version)', array('%version' =>
$release->version)), $release->path);

The value $release->path gets set in the file 'release.inc', here:

    $dir = dirname($path);

and then, transferred to:

        $release->path = $path;

And then later, in the same file ('release.inc'), a Drupal function is
called, passing that data:

  if ($release->path) {
    $output .= '<small>Download: '. l(basename($release->path),
$release->path) .'</small><br />';
  }

So...if I go and edit the function l(), then that will screw everything
else.

But it appears that it's getting some bad data in two places, as shown here.

What's different about 'project.module' that I would get back this "/?q="
value, and that be wrong?

Where should I look to fix this last item before I try to personally use
this wonky module?

--
Gary