[support] func l() or Project Module - Extraneous Data in URL

Gary (Lists) listout at accidentaltechie.org
Tue Apr 18 00:15:21 UTC 2006

"Earl Miles" wrote:

> Gary (Lists) wrote:
>> With still plenty of errors, and confusion as to why there is no
>> documentation for the project module, I have gotten the module to a usable
>> state (so long as I don't make projects public, since I'd have to support
>> users when I have no support myself).
>>
> Out of curiousity, have you looked at the casetracker module which is a
> redone, slimmed down project module?

Thank you, Earl.

I have no gone and read about this module, and it really (!) looks useful.
I was already struggling with ways to 'mask' some of the geek-specific
nature of 'project' module (which should be called 'softwarerelease.module'
for clarity.)

We have techie-type software projects available (2 currently, because it's
too unstable for users) but we also wanted to manage 'book projects',
'meet-up' projects and the like.

And, our second full-paying client wants to track 'art projects', which
we've been able to mostly implement for them, with quirks.

'casetracker' will help, but not for awhile, since it's developed for Drupal
4.7 and the form API's present there.  We are not moving to 4.7 and the
client uses CivicSpace, which is built on 4.6.6 as you know.

So...I have downloaded the 'casetracker' and I really think this will be
useful down the road, if we do decide to use 4.7 when that comes out.

Thanks kindly for turning me onto this module. [1]
--
Gary

I really dig the "hey, we fixed that, wanna see?" nature of Drupal.  I wish
the Drupal.org web site was better at providing the latest updates, however.

One of the serious problems with 'project.module' is because over one year
ago, 'nedjo' indicated on the project module issues page that some bug fix
patches had been applied.

However, the latest download of the project module, dated this year, this
month, does _NOT_ include those patches.  It's a real hair-puller trying to
reverse engineer almost every aspect of Drupal. :)