[support] css for autocomplete?

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Thu Apr 20 00:58:40 UTC 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Chris Johnson wrote:

> I'd suggest using your browser to "view source" to see if you can
> spot the actual HTML and CSS wrapped around the form elements in
> question.  I would also suggest using Firefox and getting the web
> developer tools extension, will give you lots of tools to figure
> out what's going on and how it's styled.

Thanks for suggesting the obvious. ;) I live by the dev tools on FF.
I always use them to attempt to discern what's going on.

FWIW, here's what I did to solve the problem:

As an experiment, I edited the drupal.css file to add a z-index on
#autocomplete, and it fixed the problem. Well, that's not optimal as
then I'd be re-editing that file with every update. Then I realized
what I was doing wrong: I had added a position: relative to style.css
(because afaik position is required for z-index settings), but
drupal.css has position: absolute, and that was good enough for me. I
deleted the override in the theme, and now autocomplete is working.

Thanks for the answer, though.

Now if only I could get sub-menus to work....

Best,
Laura

Laura Scott
President