[support] Is it possible to create an "Add new content in this category" feature?

Michael Angeles jibbajabba at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 11:36:11 UTC 2006

Question regarding a functionality I've been wanting, but not sure if
it's possible. When a user is viewing a taxonomy page for a single
term (taxonomy/term/1) it would be nice to have a link that would
allow the user to "Add new content in this category". The idea would
be that:

1) user is viewing a category/taxonomy page
2) user clicks "Add new content to this category" link
3) the create page (or any node type, although this is probably an
important issue) form appears and the category is automatically
selected in approporiate taxonomy selection menu or drop down

The interaction is sort of similar to what we have in the forums when
we click the "Post new forum topic" link, but it would apply to other
node types, e.g. pages or blogs. This is a very minor feature that go
a long way towards making a better user experience in some instances.
I know this might be problematic to implement because of the number
situations that might exist, e.g. the issue of Drupal determining
what content type create node form the link displays if the taxonomy
term applies to multiple node types.

Anyone doing this now?

Thanks,
Michael