[support] Fatal error

Fergus Gibson fgibson at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 4 02:16:03 UTC 2006

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Now when i run
>
> [root at e root]# mysql -u kaushal -h bdc31096e.in.office.aol.com -p
> drupal < /home/kaushal/drupal/backup.sql
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1064 at line 55817: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '<br />
> <b>Fatal error</b>:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> <b>' at line 1
> [root at e root]#
>
> I get the above error
>
> Any clue

PHP by default terminates any script that exceeds 30 seconds of run
time.  This is to prevent a script from disabling the server by entering
an endless loop condition.  My diagnosis is that you are using a PHP
database administration application (probably phpMyAdmin) to save the
database, and the tool needs more than 30 seconds of runtime to perform
the operation.

Your best bet is probably to perform the backup using the mysqldump
command-line tool.  Information on this tool is available in the MySQL
documentation.  Here's the link to the entry in the 5.1 manual; that
page contains links to the manual entry for other versions as well.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

I hope this helps.

--
Fergus Gibson