[support] HTML, access control, etc.

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Aug 11 04:39:41 UTC 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 14:23, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I have a couple newbie type questions about content for the site.
>   1)  What are the default tags that are available when submitting content
> and the content type selected is Filtered HTML?

It should say in the filter help text right on the page.

>   a) In particular, I want to use columns within the middle content area.
> Does Filtered HTML by default support table tags?  and are the options such
> as align="center" or width="50%" allowed?  e.g. <table width="50%"
> align="center"> and <tr align="center">  and <td width="50%"> etc. as
> examples?

> 2)  How can modify the allowed tags that are allowed for Filtered
> HTML?

Go to admin/filters (Navigation menu, administer, input formats).  Read the
help on the page.  It should be self-explanatory.

> 3)  How can I allow content that is Full HTML or PHP for a particular
> type of content?  In other words, if I wanted to allow Books to accept say
> Full HTML?

Currently you can't restrict certain node types to certain filters.

>   4) I want Anonymous and Authenticated users to be able to submit any type
> of content but I want it to go into the queue, selecting published for them
> should not be an option.  Others with higher permissions can select
> published.  How do I do this?  Is this set in access control?  For example
> if i give a user create book pages, edit own book pages and maintain books,
> will they be able to directly bypass the queue?

Set the default options for each node type to not include "published".  See
admin/settings/content-types.  Then only users with administer nodes
permission will be able to edit the node and check on the published checkbox
(or edit or delete or whatever).

>   Thanks,
>   Bruce

Welcome to Drupal. :-)