[support] Three questions... quite basic.

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Aug 14 20:17:19 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On
Behalf Of Josh Milane
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 2:06 PM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: [support] Three questions... quite basic.

I hope someone can help me with the following questions, though they
seem very basic.

1. I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to get a menu item to
open in a new window. If I could find the link, I would insert a
"target=_blank" but for whatever reason I cant.

----snip
to my knowledge this is not easy in drupal.  It may be possible with
themes, but I'm not really sure how.

As a last resort, you could create your own blocks with static versions
of the links that might appear in a menu with target=_blank, but I don't
think you'll ultimately be happy with that as a solution.
---snip

2. I am also having a heck of a time getting a wiki page to show up. I
downloaded the module. It shows up in my modules admin page. I have
enabled it. I have created a menu item for it that links to "wiki" and I
get a "Page not Found" error consistently. There is something basic that
I am not understanding.

--snip
I don't see in your notes that you "configured" the module in
/admin/settings/liquid_wiki (or whatever the correct version of the
module was).  I haven't used this module, but this is part of my normal
routing for enabling and installing new modules.

Since this module uses input filters, you may need to enable and
configure an input filter in the administer->input formats menu.  You
may need to configure the named filter to include one or more liquid
wiki filters.

You shouldn't need to create your own menu item in order to get drupal
to repoond to yoursite/wikis.
--snip

3. I don't imagine there is something for Drupal akin to FacileForms - a
form generator for Mambo/Joomla? I would like to develop a registration
form that links to CiviCRM, but right now I am considering authoring
some sort of trigger which will move records from my Mambo db to the
Drupal db. This could be avoided if I could simply do a form in Drupal.

--snip
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but there is a web forms
module that can be downloaded and used in drupal.  It ain't perfect, but
if you form needs are simple enough it may do the job well enough for
you.
--snip

I will limit this email to those points. Thank you very much for your
time.