[support] HTML template with drupal in background

Mil Imon millimon2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 17:43:45 UTC 2006

Thanks David,

No No, directness helps a lot.  We had a talk about ditching the whole thing just this morning but decided to take it the last yard after talking with the programmer.

Still using drupal, fixed some of the issues, and its starting to come around. The theme is customized, and the modules are pretty much spaghetti, but I'm getting my head around it.  Eventually I'll get it cleaned up but now I'm just trying to get it launched.  ^_^

"Metzler, David" <metzlerd at evergreen.edu> wrote:     I would strongly encourage you to have a look at  customizing the drupal themes.  There's not much that you can't change in  terms of how drupal looks.  If you have file level access you can customize  a great deal of the html that drupal outputs, particularly if using drupal  4.7.  It is quite simple if you take a gander at the drupal theming  handbook, and then modify the template files found in the themes  directory.  You could certainly comment out a great deal of the html  produced if that is really your desire.  I don't advise it, however.

 I'm currenlty in the process of developing a module that's  actually handling form posts, and reading/writing data to a separate database,  and only using drupal to provide the HTML producing API, just so that I don't  have to write a CSM in my own app.

 If you're really  trying to get drupal to NOT handle the html, you should consider abandoning the  product as you've already indicated.  IMHO it would be better than trying  to kludge together the product.

 Drupal is after-all first and formost a CMS. So if you're  don't want to use drupal to provide look and feel, I think you'd be better off  not using it all.

 Hope you don't mind me being direct here.  Good luck,

 Dave