[support] How to create html content when using TinyMCE?

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeenconsulting.com
Fri Aug 18 22:33:10 UTC 2006

Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Drupal 4.7.3 with the latest version of TinyMCE.
> Everything's working great, but when I change the input format for a
> page to Full HTML, it still uses TinyMCE. So, when I save the page it
> renders everything with <pre> tags so that it displays the code on the
> page. In the TinyMCE settings, I have Show disable/enable rich text
> editor toggle set to true.
>
> Is there something else I need to do to use the Full HTML input format?
>
> - jody

I think you're confusing input filters with TinyMCE.

The input filters run after you submit an item, and apply filters to the
HTML.  It sounds like you're trying to type HTML code into TinyMCE???

If you want to type in HTML directly, you want to turn OFF TinyMCE -
that is, either click on the disable rich text button, or set TinyMCE to
be off by default by setting your editor toggle for enable rich text to
FALSE.

Or, if you really want to do it in TinyMCE, then you'll have to enable
the HTML button for TinyMCE  and click on that to edit HTML directly.

The idea of TinyMCE is to let people edit who don't know HTML.

--
Steve Hanson
Principal Consultant